TLC held a "Yard Sale for a Cause" as part of its Community Living Activity and Community Service Program last November 21 – 22, 2013 at the school grounds.
Students and teachers from both the Kids Division and Adults Division attended to everyone’s shopping needs. The activity was for the benefit of TLC Faculty and Staff Members whose families were displaced and gravely distressed in the wake of the recent Super Typhoon Yolanda, namely:
- Ms. Emily Avila whose sister Normelita and family live in Old Escalante, Negros Occidental;
- Kuya Nante Batula whose brother Geron and family live in Camada, Borongan, Eastern Samar;
- Teacher Jen Dollar whose sister Jane and family live in Mercedes Bobon, Guiuan, Eastern Samar;
- Teacher Roel Flores whose parents, siblings, grandmother, uncles, and aunts live in Brgy. San Francisco, East Alangalang, Leyte;
- Teacher Fely Soquena whose cousin Potenciano and family live in Sigma Capiz;
- Ms. Rio Tumlos whose sister Romalyn and family live in Roxas, Capiz City; and
- Teacher Evelyn Valdez whose uncles, aunts, and cousins live in Tacloban City, Guiuan, Eastern Samar, and Makabut, Western Samar.
The event raised over ten thousand pesos (Php 10,000.00) in cash. All proceeds from the yard sale were equally divided among the abovementioned Faculty and Staff Members and sent directly to their affected families.
The TLC Family thanks all the Parents, Students, Caregivers, Teachers, and Trustees who generously participated and helped in this time of need. Your kindness certainly helped rebuild many families’ lives. May God bless you, your family, and your home abundantly!