- Sheltered Workshop
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program
- TLC Gift Shop Sheltered Social Enterprise, an alternative livelihood program
SPECIAL EDUCATION CLASSES
TLC's Special Education Classes meet the varied needs of the student population. All the classes are self-contained classrooms that use individually planned, systematically implemented, and carefully evaluated instruction to help special needs students achieve the greatest possible personal self-sufficiency and success in present and future environments.
Classes follow a thematic and integrated learning approach and are grouped according to the students' age ranges, developmental levels, and needs.
TLC's ten (10) Special Education Classes are as follows:
- Chickadee Class: Early Intervention Program for children ages 2.5 to 6 years old *Robin Class*: Pre-Academics/Pre-school Program for children ages 6 to 10 years old with moderate to high functioning level
- Cardinal Class: Kindergarten to Early Elementary Program for children ages 7 to 11 years old with moderate to high functioning levels
- Sparrow Class: Pre-Academics to Early Pre-Vocational Program for children ages 7 to 11 years old with low functioning levels
- Eagle Class: Elementary, Functional Academics and/or Pre-Vocational Program for adolescents ages 10 to 14 years old with moderate to high functioning levels
- Hawk Class: Functional Academics and/or Pre-Vocational Program for adolescents ages 10 to 14 years old with low functioning level
- Falcon Class: Pre-Vocational and/or Vocational Program for adolescents and young adults ages 14 years old and above with low functioning levels
- Sheltered Workshop Program: Vocational Skills or Work Transition Training Program for adolescents and young adults ages 14 years old and above with moderate to high functioning levels. The class is composed of two programs geared toward the development of vocational skills.
- Activity Workshop B Class - Includes skills training and development in handcrafted arts and craft projects such as basic beadwork, basic painting, and basic carpentry projects.
- Kitchen Workshop Class - Includes skills training and development in basic kitchen activities such as food preparation, cooking, baking, and functional math tasks.
- Activity Workshop A Class: Functional Academics and Life Skills Program for adolescents and adults ages 14 years old and above with moderate to high functioning levels. Selected students are introduced to varied work environments through an On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program.
- Apprenticeship Program: Vocational Skills or Work Transition Training and Placement Program for adults ages 18 years old and above with high functioning levels.
Classes have one-on-one work sessions and/or group activities that address individual Student behavior, academic, communication, motor, social, recreation, self-help, domestic, vocational, and community integration goals and needs.
Art, music, movement, physical education, play, leisure, and community living activities are integrated in daily and weekly schedules. All these, plus field trips and special school events, round out the Students' thematic and integrated learning experience.
For inquiries regarding TLC's special education programs and classes, please contact us